- John Bell is interviewed for the Inkstuds podcast about his history of Canadian comics, Invaders from the North. (recommended)
- Jeff Lemire is interviewed by New York Magazine, and his Essex County graphic novel series is previewed.(see above)
- The Montreal Mirror interviews editor David Widdington about his new anthology of comics reportage, Extraction! The book features several prominent Canadian cartoonists and launches next week. Tom Spurgeon is impressed.
- John Mitchell reviews Scott Chantler’s Northwest Passage graphic novel: “all the thrills and grit of any novel about men taming the wild, but adds to it a cartoonish charm and a good helping of fascinating Canadian history — with informative annotations.”
- Robin Bougie is interviewed about Cinema Sewer and talks about his pop culture collections for Vancouver24Hs.
- Toronto comic book launch, Saturday, December 1. From the Beguiling mailing list:
“Hey there folks, our friend and favourite bartender Cisco is launching
his new comic, a graphic novella, on Saturday December 1st upstairs at
The Victory Cafe. I have to apologise because I can’t remember what
it’s named, but I have seen a bunch of the art for it and it’s really
cool, unique stuff. Show up at The Vic, second floor, around nine or ten to
start partaking of the festivities. The Victory Cafe is just down the
street from The Beguiling, at 581 Markham.”